GEM German Educational Multiplier
GEMs (German Educational Multipliers) are part of a Network of Excellence established by the American Association of Teachers of German (AATG) and Goethe-Institut.
If you teach German, our GEMs help you
- learn about the programs, projects, and events that support the excellence of teaching and learning German in the U.S.
- host professional training for your teachers, at an AATG meeting, or at your state or regional language conference.
If you are a representative of a community that is interested in making German instruction available, our GEMs work with you and your school district on
- starting a German program at your school
- offering tailored programs for all age groups
If you are a school administrator, our GEMs assist with
- implementing curricular and co-curricular offerings in German or programs that foster global and intercultural awareness in your school district
- providing professional development for your German instructors
Our group of GEMs is available to provide professional development and to collaborate with colleagues across the U.S. The goal is to facilitate sustained dialogues to ensure that the teaching of German adheres to current standards, promotes innovation, and meets the needs of today’s students. Learn more about our GEMs training.
GEMs offer customized workshops and professional training to strengthen existing programs and to build new capacity so that all students who wish to learn German and connect with the German-speaking world have access to high quality language education in German.
All workshops are offered free of charge to you and your group. Please get in touch with Jasmin Root-Joswig at Jasmin.Root-Joswig@goethe.de for more information.
Project Lead GEM, Excellence Network, AATG and Goethe-Institut USA