Applying for the Summer Study Program
Applications for the 2023 program are now closed. Stay tuned for updates on our 2024 program.
Eligibility: Students who have had at least two years of German and are between the ages of 15 and 17 for the entire duration of the program are eligible.
Program Costs: The program cost for 2024 will be announced in the Fall. The cost includes roundtrip airfare to and from Germany from the US departure city, transportation in Germany, accommodations, meals, and all course costs.
Administrative Fee: $150, non-refundable. Required of all participants, regardless of scholarship status.
Application Deadline: January 20, 2024
Need-Based Scholarships are available to students whose financial need merits such support. More details on this year's scholarships are available on the Scholarships page.
Application Materials and Instructions: To apply, submit the following materials.
- Online Application Form. Fill out the initial application form.
Note: Partial progress on the Online Application Form cannot be saved.
If you are applying for a scholarship, make sure to fill out the separate scholarship application form at the same time as well.
Next Steps: Once your initial application is approved, you will be asked to submit the following:
- Administrative fee (due February 15, 2024)
Documents (by March 1, 2024):
- Letter to Host Family. Write a letter of introduction to your Host Family in Germany. Briefly describe your family, school, and interests, along with why you would like to participate in the Summer Study Program. Use as much German as you can.
- Agreement Form. Signed by you and your parent(s) or guardian(s).
- Parental Declaration of Consent Form. Signed by your parent(s) or guardian(s).
- Health Certificate. Completed by a health care professional.
- Passport Copy.
- Initial payment (due March 1, 2024)
If you do not upload your Health Certificate and Photo with your Online Application Form, e-mail these materials to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Send a check to AATG, 112 Haddontowne Court #104, Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
- Pay online with credit or debit card through the AATG Website.
Full payment is due six weeks prior to departure.
Cancellation Policy: If a participant withdraws from the program up to six weeks prior to its start date, they will receive a full refund less any costs incurred by AATG; withdrawal from the program four to six weeks prior to its start date will result in a cancelation fee of $500, plus incurred cost; withdrawal from the program four weeks or less prior its start date will result in a $500 cancelation fee, plus incurred cost, plus additional fees as determined by AATG after the program is completed.
Note: Please preview this application form here before you begin filling it out and make sure to have all the required materials ready. It is not possible to save your progress and return later.