AATG is hiring!
AATG invites applications for the full-time position of Director of Member Services and Coordinator of the National German Exam. This position provides leadership and support for membership initiatives and coordination of AATG’s signature program: The National German Exam (NGE). The successful candidate will cultivate an innovative, accessible, and sustainable member-driven organization as one of the first points of contact for teachers of German in the US. The candidate will also support German in the US by coordinating a national high-school competition that results in numerous scholarships and prizes to recognize academic excellence across the country. The exam is written by a team of dedicated educators and the NGE coordinator works with them to implement the curricular materials they develop. More info on the National German Exam is available at nge.aatg.org
The salary range for this position is $45,000-$50,000 depending on experience.
This position is based at AATG Headquarters in Cherry Hill, NJ, which operates a hybrid workplace based on the Eastern Time Zone. Remote work options are possible, depending on the skills and needs of the candidate. Please indicate any remote work preferences briefly in the cover letter and indicate the time zone of residence.
The position may start as soon as March 1, 2024, but ideally AATG would like to fill the position by May 1.
- Manage member database, updates, renewals, queries, and reports in a NoviAMS system.
- Identify and execute member recruitment, cultivation, and retention strategies
- Provide support via email and phone to members and potential members
- Serve as liaison with AATG Professional Partners
- Build and maintain relationships with members, chapters, and chapter leaders
- Coordinate the administrative aspects of the National German Exam (NGE)
- Serve as the point person for the software company that manages the NGE
- Serve as contact person for the National German Exam committee
- Contribute to the creation of promotional materials, newsletter, website, and social media content
- Travel occasionally to represent the AATG at regional and national conferences
- Handle other duties assigned by the Executive Director
- Excellent customer/member service skills
- Demonstrated ability and interest in working with and for diverse populations
- Ability to function as part of a team
- Proven data input accuracy and exceptional attention to detail
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of MS Office applications in an Office365 environment.
- Working knowledge of social media for business
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional and positive demeanor
- Ability to set priorities when multiple demands are present
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience and comfort working with databases.
- Appreciation for foreign language education, teachers, students, and programs
- Eligibility to work in the United States and completion of required employment eligibility verification upon hire.
- Excellent written, spoken, and presentational communication skills
- Organizational skills
- High comfort level with data management in spreadsheets and data systems
- History of working collaboratively within a small team
- High level of comfort with standard business software/technology including Office 365
- Ability to manage core tasks independently.
- Ability to manage multiple projects with separate priorities.
- Commitment to promoting multilingualism in the US
- An understanding of the diverse educational landscapes in the US
- German language skills
- Teaching experience at the K-12 level
- Prior experience working in a nonprofit organization, especially in member services.
- Business management / financial experience
- Experience with data-driven decision making and dashboard reporting.
A mission-driven, dedicated team with a collaborative and inclusive spirit. As an organization, AATG is committed to the principles of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion as outlined in our by-laws (linked at bottom). Beyond the workday, we value a healthy work-life balance and offer the following material benefits to our full-time staff:
- High-quality individual medical, dental, and vision insurance
- PTO up to 23 days annually, based on employee tenure
- In addition to your PTO, 17 official office holidays annually
- Paid TIAA retirement plan with immediate vesting
- Paid life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Paid medical leave
- Paid civic responsibility leave
- Paid bereavement leave
- Military leave
How to Apply:
- Submit 2 documents to apply: 1: a letter of application and 2: current CV / Resume. by uploading to AATG
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. AATG anticipates a start date in March-May, 2024.
Link to AATG Bylaws & Policy Documents
The AATG is dedicated to providing equal opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, gender expression, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or local law.