To apply for the 2017 Käthe Wilson Scholarship, submit the following materials:
- Online Scholarship Application. Fill in the fields and and upload your Letter of Introduction and Essay.
- Letter of Introduction to your potential host family, written in German without outside help. Briefly describe your interests, hobbies, and aspirations and inquire about your hosts’ family life and interests. Also include information on something you would like to do/experience during your stay in Germany. This letter is more than just an important component of your application: If you are selected, it will be sent to your host family.
- An Essay written in German without outside help explaining
A Letter of Recommendation from your teacher of German
A current unofficial high school transcript
If you do not upload the letter of recommendation and transcript with your online application, e-mail these materials to Program Coordinator, April Ann Hemphill, email@example.com.
- why learning German is important;
- what you hope to gain from the experiences in Germany;
- how participation in the German Summer-Study program will impact your future.
Click to begin the online application.