Reach new heights at the Southwest Conference on Language Teaching!
Wednesday, March 19, 2014
Posted by: AATG
Looking for a professional development opportunity and a chance to network with colleagues this spring? Don't miss the Southwest Conference on Language Teaching from April 24-26, 2014.
The theme, "Reaching New Heights Through Proficiency," means reaching new heights of accomplishment in teaching and new heights in altitude at the Cliff Lodge in Snow Bird, Utah.
SWCOLT will offer numerous sessions of interest to teachers of German, including:
You can register for the conference, view the program, and download the conference app on the SWCOLT website. If you plan to attend the conference, join the pre-conference discussion on Facebook.
- Student Led Oral Proficiency Interviews, Jessica Bryan, Brigham Young University
- Form, Content, Strategies Tools: Planning and Delivering Instructional Excellence, Rachel Connell, Vista Higher Learning
- Verb Basketball, Terry Szink, Timpview High School, UT
- Q) Where do Content-Based Instruction, Teaching to Proficiency and Culture Collide? A) The newly designed AP World Language and Culture Exam, Kurstin Bush, Hume Fogg Academic Magnet High School, TN
- Reading the World: Supporting Student Success with Culturally Authentic Texts, Cherice Montgomery, Brigham Young University
- World Language Proficiency Framework in Action, Ulrike Dannhauer, Laura Nelson, East High School, UT
- Creating Your Own iBooks with iBooks Author, Stephen Van Orden, Timpview High School, UT