This new award recognizes outstanding teachers of German in the US who were not born and raised in Germany, Austria, or Switzerland. The award is presented annually to one K–12 and one college/university AATG member who strengthens intercultural understanding. The award includes a stipend for travel to Berlin to participate in the Checkpoint Charlie Foundation Enrichment Educational Program held in June.
The dossier should provide clear evidence of:
- Implementation of proficiency-based instruction and assessment
- Use of authentic resources in instruction
- Development of intercultural connections
- Contributions to the German teaching profession
- Community involvement
The dossier should include:
- nomination form
- nominating cover letter
- curriculum vita
- letters of support (maximum of two)
- a personal statement from the nominee (maximum four pages) demonstrating evidence of:
- implementation of proficiency-based instruction and assessment
- use of authentic resources in instruction
- development of intercultural connections
- contributions to the German teaching profession
- community involvement.
Dossiers in excess of fifteen (15) pages will not be considered. The nomination form and dossier must be submitted electronically as one single PDF file to email@example.com. An individual may be nominated for only one award. The deadline for nomination is May 31, 2017.